After the construction of the first monastery on the Široki Brijeg, the Franciscans decided to build another monastery, on Humac near Ljubuški. The cornerstone of the new monastery was blessed by the Apostolic Vicar, Fr. Anđeo Kraljević, in 1867. The construction of the monastery lasted about ten years, and was led by Fr. Nikola Šimović. The novitiate of the Herzegovinian Franciscan Custody was housed in the new monastery, which was recognized by a decree of the General of the Order in 1876. Since the old church could not meet religious needs due to the small space, especially during the big holidays, it was decided to build a new, more functional church. From 1987 to 1989, a new church of St. Ante, and the final works were completed in the spring of 2004. Regardless of the construction of the new church, the renovation and protection of the old church began, in which the main altar from 1725 was located. Francis in Zagreb. The church regained its original exterior stone appearance because the plaster was removed from the facade. The restored old church was solemnly blessed in late August 2010. The main baroque altar from 1725, after a thorough restoration, has been restored to its place. The oldest organ in Herzegovina from 1871 was also returned to the choir after restoration.