The time machine brings us to a medieval town of Vidoški, founded in the 5th and 6th century, during the times of a Byzantine emperor Constantine. Constantine built a fortress in Stolac which protected his trade caravans headed from the west to the east, former Byzanthium, today Istanbul. After the emperor Constantine, the town was neglected until the Slavs came in the 8th and 9th century. In the 14th and 15th century, during the rule of Herceg Stjepan Kosača, it experienced its medieval prosperity. In the year of 1471, the town was conquered by Ottomans who gave a town today's outlines with all fortresses, walls and towers. The town has 13 towers. It is divided into lower, middle and upper town. It is located on the hill above contemporary centre of Stolac and is a defense facility which, by its size, belongs to the line of the largest Bosnian and Herzegovinian towns. Contemporary form of the town belongs to the remains of Austro-Hungarian era.