With the beginning of the construction of the Humac monastery, the Ljubuški and Herzegovinian Franciscans founded the monastery library in 1867. When the monastery was built, the books were in different rooms. In 1968, a special room was arranged in the western wing of the monastery, where all books with manuscripts and archival documents were transferred. Today, the library has over 20,000 copies of books from almost all areas of natural and social sciences: asceticism, fiction, biblical sciences, history, law, Franciscanism, catechesis, vocabulary, linguistics, natural sciences, etc. At the end of 2003, the library was thoroughly renovated and located in the west wing of the monastery. State-of-the-art shelves have been purchased to protect books from moisture and sun. The cataloging and computerization of the library is in progress.